Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Discuss why you agree or disagree with the blogging assessment system used in this course. Your opinion will not affect your grade. You will be assessed on how you formulate your argument.







Several student often complain that homework assignments are boring. “It is a waste of time and I'll never use this in life so why bother” are frequent responses that go along with constant complaining and when "stupid" homework is issued. In my opinion blog posts are a more interesting and fun way of doing homework. In a blog post students can voice their opinion and can do work around their schedule.




I do like the blogging assessment system. we are graded on completion and formatting. We are also graded on being about to back up what we have to say and being able to set up and support our opinion which is a good skill to have especially for college. In a blog we can only write so much so we get good practice on how to present a side, back up our opinion, conclude, and sometimes mention the counter side and disprove. We have to learn how to get everything across and only write a few paragraphs which is a great skill for college. Writing on pen and paper can not accomplish what blogging can. The assessment system is easy to understand, fair, easy to comply to, and effective. I believe we get the fairest grade going by this system. Most classes don't offer what blogging can along with how it is assessed, so that make the system and blogging itself more valuable. 


In conclusion, I like and agree with the blogging assessment system because it is reasonable and effective. I wish blogging was in option in more of my other classes.